Working group with remit to work in partnership, and where required to lead, on appropriate data, research, evidence and measurement that helps to quantify the heritage sector and support the case for additional resourcing of the sector across NI.
Working Group Members
- Margaret Henry, National Lottery Heritage Fund (Chair)
- Manus Deery, Historic Environment Division
- Fiona Bell, Thrive
- John Anderson, Ulster Architectural Heritage
- Keith Lilley, Queen’s University Belfast
- Elizabeth Crooke, University of Ulster
- Jonathan Dalzell, Northern Ireland Museums Council
- Liz Steele, Tourism NI
Initial areas of focus
- Updating the Heritage Statistics document adding data at a local Council level and inserting new relevant data.
- Using the narrative within the Heritage Statistics document to make key points about the issues affecting the heritage sector and to illustrate it’s benefit
- Deliver Case studies for use in Heritage Statistics document and linking with Placemaking and Advocacy and Communications Working Groups.
- Identify and make a case for any additional research required by the heritage sector.
- Work with other relevant organisations including local universities to support and contribute to relevant heritage research and data projects.
- Capitalise on opportunities afforded by the development of the Culture Arts and Heritage Strategy.