Sustaining our historic environment is a financial and logistical challenge, a challenge not unique to here. Communities across the world are attempting to balance their immediate economic health with their long-term prosperity. The most successful use their heritage to regenerate their cities, towns, and countryside. They reimagine their heritage assets to anchor them in a globalised world.
Heritage Delivers is an alliance of heritage organisations, connecting the sector to protect and promote the value of Northern Ireland’s historic environment.
Vision for the sector
Northern Ireland’s rich and diverse historic environment is protected, values and recognised for the role it plays in shaping our identity, supporting our prosperity, strengthening our society and benefitting everyone.
Heritage Delivers Mission
- To champion the protection, preservation, regeneration, understanding and enjoyment of the historic environment for present and future generations.
- Raising awareness of how the historic environment can provide prosperity and progress for people
- Seeking to maximise resources and support for the historic environment
- Promoting placemaking that celebrates the built heritage environment and the stories of our people
Areas of Focus
- Strategy and Purpose – Working together to ensure our work is responsive and focused upon key issues.
- Advocacy / Communication – Our consultation responses, manifestos, and campaigns.
- Funding, Resourcing and Resilience – Increasing awareness of funding sources, income generation, staff, governance, and volunteering.
- Placemaking – The work of the partnership to deliver the benefits of heritage in city centres, urban, village and rural settings.
- Data, Evidence and Research – Joint research to highlight the benefit of heritage to our society, environment, and economy.
- Sustainability – Working together to ensure the sustainable use of heritage including the impacts of climate change.